Open House today at 2 pm – 4 pm. In the lobby of Ontario works office. go now have some food in you.
Mar 9th: Cable and Internet disconnection @ 2 pm
Mar 9th: it was announced by the Winter Road Management. The winter road is now re-opened. but still urges those who are traveling through to take extra precautions, in case of emergency.
Mar 9th: the Cultural tourism planning group held another meeting, planning for an event scheduled in June 16,
Mar 10th: White Clay North coffee shop has closed it doors, until further notice.
Mar 10th – 12th: Ojibwe Spirit Jrs. Drum group will leave for TBAY, to attend the Lakehead University Powwow
Mar 10th: FAC’s last day for the Fire Arms certificate, the people listed on 2nd group are to attend.
Mar 16th: NAN Climate meeting, w/ the deputy grand chief Derek fox, Environment manager Lydia BigGeorge, Climate Specialist on cap and trade Bill Maloney.
Apr 1st: The Kitchen Inn will be closing to the public of Fort Hope, but the inn will remain open for all out-of-town workers and tourist, who visit the community.
Mark Sawdo – “Fred’s mechanic”
For the people of Eabametoong, who are in need of a mechanic to service or repair their vehicle. You are asked to provide more information about the vehicle you want repaired. Mark is requesting for V.I.N’s, what problems you are having, he wants to know if some people have the parts here, he needs to know more about the vehicles…….
Without the parts, and information he will not know what is needed, he called and said he’d wait until next week to travel, once he’s got all the information. He’ll be prepared to come and work!
Fred Meeseetawageesic “All those who asked for mechanic, $160 payment can made at CVS acct# 633-0406”
Its March Break, no school til March 21st.
ATTENTION: Be Cautious while out on the lake, I hear some places are turning slushy.
Also the winter road is closed off.
Mar 9 @ 2 PM. cable and internet disconnection
Date Changes: Mar 16th NAN Climate meeting, w/ the deputy grand chief Derek fox, Environment manager Lydia Big-George, Climate Specialist on cap and trade Bill Maloney. This will be happening down at the Community Hall.
Open House Fri. 2 PM in lobby, Food and refreshments will be provided.
For all that ask for mechanic need to pay $160 CVS acct. 6330406
IMPORTANT NOTICE, there is a list of people around town regarding the Fire Arms certificate course, call OW to confirm your spot.
JCY Announcement: Events This Week:
Winter Carnival: Friday March 3rd: 1020AM – 3PM (regular lunch break at 12-1).
Winter Classic Staff vs Students Hockey Game: Friday March 3rd: 3PM-4PM
March Break starts on Monday, Mar 6
Students return Tues, Mar. 21st, 2weeks off for students
JCY Library Elders afternoon is on every Wednesday.
Mr. Green opens library on Saturdays 1 PM – 3 PM. I need to check in w/ him to be sure its still going on.
Family photos, those who did family photos need to pay for them before photos get sent back.
Mar 4th Flee Market happening @ the GYM 4 PM – 6 PM. call Vicky Ooshag $10 to book a table, or call her for more information. P# 242-1082
Mar 6th NAN Climate meeting, w/ the deputy grand chief Derek fox, Environment manager Lydia BigGeorge, Climate Specialist on cap and trade Bill Maloney.
Mar 9 @ 2 PM. cable and internet disconnection
Mar. 10th – 12th Ojibwe Spirit Jrs. Drum group will leave for TBAY, to attend the Lakehead University Powwow
Apr 1st The Kitchen Inn will be closing to the public of Fort Hope, but the inn will remain open, for all out-of-town workers and tourist who visit our community.
We are having a Launch party @ 6 PM at the GYM this evening. For The Eabamet Lake News Web-site.
- Elders at the library sharing stories and teaching student about weaving, sewing. students also drew pictures. one elder Weiban Slipperjack sat with the grade 2 class answering questions about how life was, when he was growing up, sharing short stories of lifestyles, times he went hunting, trapping, fishing, etc.
Ida Waboose was also teaching the proper way of skinning an animal, while students sat by and closely watched.
- The B & S radio show today had a special guest Ken Caplan from Markham, Ontario came in to talk on the radio.
- Cultural tourism group held another meeting again at the band office.
- Cultural Tourism Planning group meeting was held today, at the band office. discussing future events. more to come.
- A Bravo went missing sometime in the early morning AM, Louis Ooshag offers award for any information on its whereabouts.
- To Parents/Guardians, school pictures are ready for pick up. Those who did family photos, must pay for them before photos are get sent back.
- Weiban Slipperjack to announced today the Ojibway Spirit Jrs. will be attending The Lake Head University Pow wow in Thunder Bay, next week on Mar 10th-12th.
- Today Ontario Works were looking for participants to attend a Fire Arms Certificate course on Mar 6th-9th. all who maybe interested should contact the Ontario works office.
- Volleyball happening at the gym tonight at 8 pm.